The window at the left is likely to have been presented by Joseph B. Morris (ca. 1848 – 1923), a trustee of the church and a carpenter by trade, in memory of his wife Annie M. Hudson (1846 – 1897), whom he married in 1868.
Joseph B. Morris joined the Milton M. P. Church in 1886. In his obituary, it was noted that Joseph had built many of Milton’s finest residences, including the Palmer building on Federal Street for James Palmer after the destructive fire of 1909. Edith Morris, his daughter, was one of the students in Fannie Leonard’s Sunday school class. His son George A. Morris (1870 – ?) entered the Westminster MD seminary in September 1893 and in time became a minister in the Methodist Protestant denomination.
Joseph succumbed to tuberculosis in 1923 after a two-year struggle with the disease.